What is GRE?
If the postgraduate courses that interest you require the GRE, there are several things you should know. Start your preparation correctly.
According to ABBREVIATIONFINDER, the GRE is a standardized test, called Graduate Record Exam. Standardized tests serve as one of the main filters for rejecting candidates who simply do not achieve the college’s desired score. It is very important to get a high score on the GRE. This will increase your chances of admission. Also, as an international, a high score is especially important if you studied at a university abroad. You can have a good GPA in your bachelor’s degree, but if your GRE score is not high, this contradicts your result in college. Especially if your university does not have international positioning or prestige. If you studied at a local university in your home country, the admissions committee probably knows little about it. Your score helps them know that you can handle the academic rigor of their graduate degree.
A high GRE score is a differentiator in your process. Consider that most Latin Americans do not score high on the GRE.
To avoid being part of this statistic, you should prepare with experts in the GRE. The TopSchoolsintheUSA has the only proprietary and proven methodology focused on Spanish speakers in preparation for the GRE. Statistically it is proven that you will fare worse on the GRE than students from other regions. It is not only a knowledge issue, it is a cultural issue. For many Latin Americans and Spanish speakers, this is the first time they have faced a standardized test of this caliber. The GRE presents challenges that go beyond the content of the exam.
We have the best GRE course.
We went through the process, we have prepared hundreds of candidates, and we designed a unique methodology. This methodology takes into account the semantic, cultural and logical differences between your context and the context of the standard GRE population. We accompany you in a personalized way throughout your admission process. It is a unique mentoring and coaching program for competitive graduate admissions.
Our experience in viewing the admissions process holistically has allowed us to develop a GRE course focused on results.
We don’t just care about preparing you for the exam, we care about getting a high score.
A high score on the GRE puts you at an advantage over other candidates with a profile similar to yours.
GRE is a great opportunity to build a positive differentiator in your application. During your postgraduate research, have you checked the rankings? Did you Google Top MBA? The best graduate? The rankings are not perfect. In fact, many evaluate graduate students under criteria that have nothing to do with the educational quality of the program. Or with the return on investment of it. However, it is inevitable to read and take them into account. GRE does not offer a perfect parameter. A high score does not guarantee the university that you will be a star student. What’s more, many good professionals, excellent at their jobs, struggle to score well on the GRE. And this does not predict that they will not be successful professionally. Like the rankings, The exam provides the admissions committee with a ranking of applicants for your program. It’s not perfect, but it’s still used. The exam alone does not guarantee entry to an excellent graduate school. A bad score only, if you can take it away. Just like you use rankings to evaluate universities. And hopefully it is not your only reference. So universities use your score to compare you against other applicants. It is the only objective criterion within the admissions process. All other criteria are subjective. The relevance of your professional experience, what you studied, where you studied, your fit with the university. All the other criteria are very important, but they are not a number that you can use to compare them all. This is why a high score is so important.
Do not improvise your preparation in the GRE
Since the exam is very important in the context of your application. Strategic preparation of it is vital. The number of daily hours available to dedicate to study. At what level do you start in math and English? Your familiarity with standardized tests. How good are you at working under pressure and against a timer. You can define the time that you should dedicate to the exam. He estimates that most Spanish speakers need three months to be ready. Of course this is an average. Some can be ready in a month, if they work intensively, and from the beginning they have a good level. And others will need four or five months. If you have few hours of study per day or you start your preparation without strong knowledge of mathematics or English.
- UC Study Abroad
- UOC Study Abroad
- VUW Study Abroad
- UAB Study Abroad
- MU Study Abroad
- SHU Study Abroad
- UOB Study Abroad
- CSUC Study Abroad
- CSUF Study Abroad
- CSULB Study Abroad
- CSLA Study Abroad
- CSUMB Study Abroad
- CSUN Study Abroad
- CSUSM Study Abroad
- HPU Study Abroad
- SDSU Study Abroad
- BU Study Abroad
- Ethiopia Literature (1/25/2022) - Studies of ancient literature (in the Ge'ez language) continued copiously (editions and interpretation of texts, historical and literary and linguistic studies), essentially outside Ethiopia. The magical-religious and therapeutic literature in Ge'ez and Amharic has also been subjected to particular and…
- Ethiopia Modern and Amharic Literature (1/24/2022) - Of the languages currently spoken in Abyssinia and in the dependent regions, Amharic has almost exclusively assumed some literary importance. The hárari has its own small literature (especially poetic and juridical), which has not yet been illustrated. The tigrai was…
- Ethiopia Physical Constitution (1/23/2022) - Extension and limits. - Regular international treaties concluded in recent decades with the European powers dominating the neighboring territories (Italy, France, England) have almost exactly defined the borders. As for the Eritrean-Ethiopian border, which goes from Ombrega sul Setit to…
- Ethiopia History – Middle Age (1/22/2022) - In 1270 Yekuno Amlāk ("May the Lord be for him") took over the kingdom and founded the new Solomonid dynasty, moving the seat of the kingdom even further south, from Lāstā to Scioa (Šawā). Soon his successors had to face…
- Ethiopia Historical and Administrative Subdivisions (1/21/2022) - The classic name of Ethiopia (from the Gr. Αἰϑίοψ "which has the face burned" from αἴϑω "I burn" and ὄψ "face"; toponym: Gr. Αἰϑιοπία [χώρα], Lat. Aethiopia [ regio ]) which already served to indicate all the part of the…
- Ethiopia History – The Advent of the Republic (1/20/2022) - In 1974 the negus was deposed and power was assumed by a committee of officers and soldiers (Derg), which abrogated the Constitution and created a Military Council chaired by A. Andom. Drastic measures were taken: proclamation of socialism, abolition of…
- Ethiopia Architecture and Cinema (1/19/2022) - Architecture. - From the end of the Second World War to today, from the return of the monarchy to the subsequent passage to the people's revolutionary government, Ethiopia unfortunately it has always been in a position of weakness, its being…
- Ethiopia Demographics 1968 (1/18/2022) - Population. - According to surveys carried out by means of samples, the Ethiopian population in 1968 must have amounted to about 22,078,274 residents of rural areas and about 4,000,000 residents in urban centers, with a total total of about 26,000,000;…
- Ethiopia Dictionary of History (1/17/2022) - Very ancient territorial, human and cultural entity of the Horn of Africa, which has its continuity in the modern State of Ethiopia. The historical heart of Ethiopia they are the highlands of the Center-North, which during the 1st millennium BC…
- Ethiopia Early History (1/16/2022) - PREHISTORY According to agooddir, the findings of fossil hominids from Ethiopia they are to be counted among the oldest and most important. Among the discoveries we should mention: the first fragment of hominid femur (site of Maka, 4-3.5 million years),…