Pleasant Dale, Nebraska
According to best-medical-schools, Pleasant Dale, Nebraska is located in the Midwest region of the United States and encompasses an area of approximately 21 square miles. The climate in Pleasant Dale is generally mild, with temperatures ranging from 25°F in the winter to 90°F in the summer. The city has a rich history that dates back to the late 1800s when it was first established as an agricultural community. Today, Pleasant Dale is a thriving city with a strong economy based on its agricultural roots and its growing industrial sector. Politically, Pleasant Dale is a blue-collar community that favors conservative values and policies.
The schools in Pleasant Dale are highly rated and well-regarded by both parents and students alike. The district includes three elementary schools, one middle school, one high school, and one college campus. All of these facilities provide quality education to the diverse student body of Pleasant Dale. Additionally, there are many extracurricular activities available for students to participate in such as sports teams or clubs.
The city of Pleasant Dale is home to several landmarks that attract visitors from all over the Midwest region. Notable attractions include the historic downtown area which features many old buildings dating back to when the city was first founded; the historic train station which has been preserved since its opening in the early 1900s; and a large park located near downtown which offers recreational activities for visitors of all ages such as biking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and fishing ponds.
Population: 245. Estimated population in July 2020: 243 (-0.8% change)
Males: 127 (51.8%), Females: 118 (48.2%)
Zip code: 68423
Median resident age: 38.5 years
Median household income: $43,438
Median house value: $84,600
Races in Pleasant Dale:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.1%)
- American Indian (1.6%)
- Hispanic (0.8%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (44.1%), English (11.4%), Czech (11.0%), Irish (7.8%), Danish (2.4%), Dutch (2.4%).
Elevation: 1321 feet
Land area: 0.1 square miles
Pleasant Dale, Nebraska is a small rural town located in the southeastern corner of the state. The population of Pleasant Dale is approximately 1,500 people, which makes it a very tight-knit community. Most of the residents of Pleasant Dale are descendants of early settlers who arrived in the area over 150 years ago. The majority of the population is Caucasian, with a smaller percentage being African American and Native American. There is also a growing Hispanic population in the area due to increased immigration from Mexico and Central America over recent years.
The town has seen an influx of younger families over the past decade due to its close proximity to larger cities such as Omaha and Lincoln. These new families have brought a renewed energy to Pleasant Dale and have helped to create more business opportunities and employment opportunities for its citizens. The town is home to numerous small businesses, including restaurants, cafes, retail stores, and auto repair shops. There are also several churches located in Pleasant Dale that provide spiritual guidance for its citizens. With its abundance of recreational activities such as fishing, biking trails, camping areas, golf courses and parks; it is no surprise that many people flock to this small town for their leisure time activities or simply just to get away from their busy lives for a while.
For population 25 years and over in Pleasant Dale
- High school or higher: 86.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 9.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 1.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pleasant Dale village
- Never married: 15.7%
- Now married: 67.5%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 12.6%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -9 (-3.5%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Pleasant Dale:
- CRETE AREA MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; CRETE, NE)
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL CAH (about 15 miles; SEWARD, NE)
- LINCOLN REGIONAL CENTER (about 17 miles; LINCOLN, NE)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pleasant Dale:
- LINCOLN MUNI (about 14 miles; LINCOLN, NE; Abbreviation: LNK)
- EPPLEY AIRFIELD (about 81 miles; OMAHA, NE; Abbreviation: OMA)
- KARL STEFAN MEMORIAL (about 89 miles; NORFOLK, NE; Abbreviation: OFK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pleasant Dale:
- CRETE MUNICIPAL (about 13 miles; CRETE, NE; Abbreviation: CEK)
- SEWARD MUNICIPAL (about 13 miles; SEWARD, NE; Abbreviation: SWT)
- WILBER MUNICIPAL (about 23 miles; WILBER, NE; Abbreviation: 0D6)
Amtrak station near Pleasant Dale:
- 16 miles: LINCOLN (201 N. 7TH ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pleasant Dale:
- SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE AREA (about 16 miles; LINCOLN, NE; Full-time enrollment: 5,137)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT LINCOLN (about 17 miles; LINCOLN, NE; Full-time enrollment: 19,806)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT OMAHA (about 63 miles; OMAHA, NE; Full-time enrollment: 10,150)
- CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY (about 63 miles; OMAHA, NE; Full-time enrollment: 5,806)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER (about 63 miles; OMAHA, NE; Full-time enrollment: 2,448)
- BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY (about 75 miles; BELLEVUE, NE; Full-time enrollment: 2,723)
- METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE AREA (about 76 miles; OMAHA, NE; Full-time enrollment: 6,175)